Saturday, April 6, 2013

Still in Cheyenne


The work here is pretty good. We just try to reactivate people mostly and convert little kids in less active homes. Its disappointing when I run into someone who has so much LDS potential, but deny it. We keep running into those. We started teaching this one old guy who is semi active, and it’s funny because every time we see him he asks me where I'm from like 4 times in one lesson and after that he tells me that he went to Pamona College. So that definitely tries my patience. I have to always pretend like that was the first time he told me that. I'm still waiting on that Easter package. I am learning how to budget again which is hard because there are so many things I want and never enough to get them. I'm still living in Cheyenne and I will be for another 2 months and I have the same companion and I'm learning a lot. So far there have too many cases where I have had to deal with teaching obnoxious families and maybe only one meal that I've had to force down my throat. With that meal, while eating it, I constantly remember why I HATE mushrooms. Because that salad type meal consisted of lots of mushrooms, spinach and tangerine slices and it was killing me to eat it but I ate it. So no worries when you and Dad always lectured me about food I have to eat on my mission because I'm eating it. This week I get to brand and castrate some cows, which should be fun. We were planning on having some rocky mountain oysters but not this time because cutting it is too risky for the cow’s life. I am alive and well and hope you guys can mail me some goodies.  Well, I'll write you again next Monday. Love you, Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment