Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New emails!


Hey Dad,
Its pretty good up here, I'm living with an elderly couple in their 80s and they are so funny. The entire mission I will be living with old lonely couples so I like it because its way cheaper and I only have to pay for food. We are teaching an old WW2 vet named Paul. He was a pilot and we are teaching these two kids also, their mom is a member and not active and she wants to come back to church so she asked us to come over and teach them last night. So far tracting we ran into one kid who was totally drugged out and told us to come back when his friends are gone so I don't know what’s happening there. We also went tracting on Saturday and almost got this guy to let us come back to teach him but then his girlfriend/wife came and said "We're not interested and closed the door" sounds like a dictatorship. She won't even let him speak for himself. That kinda ticked me off.
But anyways, that English couple that I told you about really wants to talk to you so you should call them back because they say they've been trying to get ahold of you. Love you Dad.


Hey,
I am doing awesome, the Twelve week program i guess just helps us ease more into the field, they gave us a goal to at least commit someone to baptism in the first week, but so far we haven't really found anyone to teach. They say in the MTC that baptism and confirmation is a big part because they don't have to know everything about the church to be baptized its just that first step. So we've been trying to tract which is cool, because we get the chance to talk to people of other faiths. Whether they say yes or no i guess doesn't really matter according to my MTC teachers because if they say yes then great but if they say no then it helps them to ponder more on it, so we can help them prepare for it. I did see Tate, I thought I told you guys, but yeah he drove me and about half of my MTC district to the mission home and then we had a long missionary seminar and drove to Cheyenne that night. We talked for a little and I think he tried to make sure I had a good companion, which I do. Last Tuesday night I had dinner with a nice old English couple named the Picot's (pronounced Peecos [the T is silent]).  So they want to talk to you guys. So this sounds a tad bit expensive but I'm gonna need about $500 for a bike. I swear I will take care of it. We just had to give up our truck to the district leader and I'm borrowing his bike as exchange till I get my own. He used to work at a bike shop and suggests that I get a good one so it will last and I can just sell it to a pawn shop, mail it home, or sell it to another missionary. The bike I'm borrowing is a $700 dollar bike and I really don't want responsibility over it because that’s expensive. So if you and mom could do that that would be awesome. There’s no snow out here now, but the wind is horrific we were riding in 60 mph winds on Saturday and it was trying to push me into the traffic, but its fine now. It seems that not very many people want to hear us, because lots of people just close their door when we tell them we're missionaries or they just say not interested which is fine i guess its better then people yelling at us which has only happened once but they didn't say anything bad they just told us to leave them alone. So, I'm doing my best and studying hard I miss you guys. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment